Skype
sketchbook.

All 50 art Reviews

Rooted Spawn Rooted Spawn

Damn dude. Instant follow. Nuff said.

Old Master Old Master

Good pun
Good art

Selvala proxy Selvala proxy

Heckin love it. Only thing is the contrast of the ground vs the characters/tree in the fg seems off to me. Especially the darks around the left edge.

that-raccoon responds:

Thanks for spotting that! I'll bear it in mind if I edit/redo this piece, also for future work.

The Torchknight The Torchknight

Question: did the narrative come before or after the art?

I love it either way, but genuinely curious.

LeFrenchBaguette responds:

I suppose it came during. I wanted there to be more meat on the bone of the artwork, so i though of a story. But the basic design came first.

Parked Parked

I really like this, but is it just me, or is the perspective of the car skewed? It looks like it recedes too fast toward the hood. Could just be the light play tripping up my perception though. Either way it's fantastic. Instafollowed :)

YakovlevArt responds:

it's a bit of a wide angle so things further from the lens recede much faster. Thanks for the follow!

Lil guy Lil guy

Sweet design. Nicely executed as well. Designing for what?

SuperBastard responds:

I was thinking about designing a character for animation when I went into this one. If I were to use it I'd probably nix the warpaint though!

i like drawing because it makes me forget about myself i like drawing because it makes me forget about myself

This is some pretty mindshattering quality. I feel like I'm straight up staring at a screencap from a 90s sci fi point and click like Homeworld or something. Good stuff.

Exzyle responds:

'mindshattering', that's a word i'll try using more often
thank you for the compliment, much appreciated :)

P.F. Hypnagogia P.F. Hypnagogia

You know... I think what I like most about your art is that you employ a lot of techniques found in much snootier veins of the art world, harkening to art nouveau and classical elements at times, yet you don't flaunt it, and weave it into your subject matter and style without clashing. I don't know if that's what you were going for, but either way, it's awesome.

deathink responds:

Thanks for noticing man.

Luce and Emeric Luce and Emeric

This gives me huge Final Fantasy vibes. More like Dirge of Cerberus actually.

AntonOxenuk responds:

Awesome, thanks!

Eye of the Tiger Eye of the Tiger

This is awesome. Can I ask what the surface is? It looks a little rougher than normal paper. Just curious. You did a great job with rendering the texture of the fur, and the eye looks fantastic.

My only criticism would be that the composition is very mid and bottom-right heavy. There is no visual interest or weight in the top left corner. Without making a point to do so, my eye doesn't even want to wander up there.

IceMasterX responds:

The paper is probably mix-media, I didn't check -.-
This drawing is probably also like--how should I say this--I'm still learning to draw, so it's me improving as I'm drawing it, I guess.

Thank you for the feedback, Zhon!