Skype
sketchbook.

Super Knight Quest (Demo) Super Knight Quest (Demo)

Woah drama. I love Tyler's work, but really don't see the comparison here. This is definitely its own and the name quite obviously derives from super mario. It's a hop and bop for goodness sake (with some slash and bash).

Anyway. I like it, the style is cute, but I wish this demo had more exposure to skills early on. Right now it just feels like classic mario with a sword - not really fun. And if you are going to show off a demo, you should put your players right into the good action so they get a feel for the best parts of the game. I am a huge fan of roguelikes and I loved Second Wind though so I will definitely check back for more :)

squidly responds:

I'm heavily considering giving you guys an extra level with enemies to mess around with the items. As is you only really get to the "good part" after the second level, when things like the spellbook give you three fire shots, two bombs, etc. and then none of that comes into play with the boss as much as it could.

Dungeon Screener Dungeon Screener

Nice little gem. I love roguelike crawlers. Only thing I don't like about this is that I wish there was more variation in loot. Like if you could find a crossbow instead of a regular bow for the archer, one that does normal damage to 2 enemies instead of huge damage to 1 enemy, something like that. The thing I like most about roguelikes is the loot.

Anyway, 4/5, would play again (I am right now in fact).

Digem Cubes Digem Cubes

This is done pretty smoothly, but it feels pretty lacking in features. It's a nice little time waster if you want a really simple game in this style, but it doesn't set itself apart from other clones at all.

hitBox hitBox

Digged it. Simple, not too long, not too short. I would've appreciated a higher difficulty curve, or a star rating system based on time or number of attaches. The game itself was a bit easy.

Idle Evolution Idle Evolution

Random thought: if you had a high enough Luck stat, could you potentially get stuck on a mission that requires a certain number of attempts in evolution? Cuz you couldn't level up any more...

Super Newgrounds Hyper Fighter II Super Newgrounds Hyper Fighter II

Awesome, would play the eff out of this if it were a full game. BTW heads up, Tomfulp link is broken.

Template88 responds:

FIXED!

EPIC CLICKER: SAGA OF MIDDLE EARTH EPIC CLICKER: SAGA OF MIDDLE EARTH

It's well made but nothing too new or interesting. Same old mechanics, the pop culture references were a nice touch but it's a little heavy handed (really? Directly stealing all of the character designs from League?)

Objectively, 4/5. In context to other idle games, 2.5/5.

Mutant Selection Mutant Selection

Fan of the style, not really a fan of the execution. I think you could have pushed this a lot further - everything is very predictable as it is. Granted I only played through the first set of mutations, but from reading the shop descriptions and the trend the game was following, I lost interest.

Things I look for in these types of games (which this one lacks):
- Impact: I want to feel like my actions seriously affect the enemies and/or environment.
- Tradeoffs in upgrades: I want to choose to specialize or generalize, not be forced to generalize.
- Variety: I want drastically different enemies and weapons, upgrades, etc. that significantly change how the game is actually played (why don't my rockets explode?).

1 star for UI - looks really nice
1 star for having a smoothly functional game
1 star for execution

Zombidle Zombidle

I'm a sucker for a good idle game. This game is nothing really new in the idle genre, but I love Berzerk and pretty much play everything you guys put out so... lol

1 star for aesthetic and presentation
1 star for interesting monetary scheme & newgrounds platform tie-in
1 star for polished functioning idle game
-2 stars - wish there were more unique elements

I play and rate this game every day, as I'm sure many others do, so hopefully some new features will come this way soon... :)

Good stuff, can't wait to see your console endeavors.

Halfling Tycoon Halfling Tycoon

I did enjoy this, but a few thoughts....
- Trading is OP. Once you unlock the trading post you can pretty much sit there for 10 mins and trade up all the money you need to finish the game. Just buy wood/food when it's at 10 and sell when it's at 40/30.
- Combat is unrewarding. Figuring out the "stops" just costs troops, no real strategy to it.
- Difference in troops is deceiving. You think there would be a point to buying several different units, but I beat all bosses with just buying out the gunner.
- Plantation is OP. There is no reason to buy any other construction upgrade. You get megabux clicking for the plantation and selling the food - even more than if you go for stone.

Overall this game could use a lot of balancing to be truly fun, but it was nonetheless amusing and had adorable graphics. 7/10.