Skype
sketchbook.

My first Adobe flash animation :D My first Adobe flash animation :D

Rated 0 for the portal because this is an awesome thing to show off in the forums, but not really portal-worthy. You should consider making an animation thread in the animation forums.

With that said, my review rating is for the content itself. For your first animation in Flash it's pretty smooth. I don't know what kind of background you have, but your motions were believable most of the time, and that's pretty damn good for your first shot. Keep at it.

Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Cinematic Trailer Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Cinematic Trailer

I would pay good money to see an actual Ultimate Showdown sequel of this caliber. The trailer was epic nonetheless. Hats, sir.

TD-Skunk At Drool TD-Skunk At Drool

Nice. The voicing at the end seriously sounded like an actual PSA or safety video or something lol. I went to a party college full of drunk idiots but I somehow managed to avoid talking to any of them and never went out to a bar.

Reaper of the Undead Reaper of the Undead

Good shell of a game. It functions well and plays smoothly. I have a lot to say but I'll save it for a later release when your content is more robust.

Crypt Shyfter: Vortex Crypt Shyfter: Vortex

Decent little adventure. I personally would have liked to see more options in general and also a greater sense of consequence. I may have just chosen well throughout, but I never felt like I was at risk of peril.

KungFuSpaceBarbarian responds:

cool, thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

Super Knight Quest (Demo) Super Knight Quest (Demo)

Woah drama. I love Tyler's work, but really don't see the comparison here. This is definitely its own and the name quite obviously derives from super mario. It's a hop and bop for goodness sake (with some slash and bash).

Anyway. I like it, the style is cute, but I wish this demo had more exposure to skills early on. Right now it just feels like classic mario with a sword - not really fun. And if you are going to show off a demo, you should put your players right into the good action so they get a feel for the best parts of the game. I am a huge fan of roguelikes and I loved Second Wind though so I will definitely check back for more :)

squidly responds:

I'm heavily considering giving you guys an extra level with enemies to mess around with the items. As is you only really get to the "good part" after the second level, when things like the spellbook give you three fire shots, two bombs, etc. and then none of that comes into play with the boss as much as it could.

Flight (Pegasus, part II Concept) Flight (Pegasus, part II Concept)

The piano melody felt a bit underwhelming, especially once the percussion started. I feel like part of the reason for this is also that the 45 second buildup at the start doesn't feel particularly vindicated. I get the feeling you're kind of avoiding the typical dramatic shift after the buildup, so maybe some additional complexity to the melody at around that point could help?

Disclaimer: not a musician

SierraRising responds:

You are correct in that the piano melody is a little weak, I can hear that now. If I finish this, I will ve sure to up the volume and spice up the melody a bit. Thank you so much for the review, I really appreciate it!

Enter Newground Enter Newground

I've always thought that the mark of great music is its ability to inspire others.

I'm inspired as shit. Well done.

Phonometrologist responds:

Your comment made me chuckle. I'd subscribe to that notion of music.
"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman." Beethoven

Colonia Colonia

I'm a noob when it comes to music, so take this review from the perspective of a layman...

I feel like the first 30 seconds of the song could be cut out. There is a ton of really slow buildup that just isn't really justified.

Dat piano melody... I feel like switching up the meter or adding more depth to it would help, but as it stands it just gets to be kind of overpowering. Even if it was quieter it would be too distracting to really appreciate the rest of the sounds.

Sound effects at 1:28 and 2:12 are nice. Variety... If this track is missing anything it's definitely variety.

In the end I do actually like this track, so again, coming from a complete noob... Not bad.

SierraRising responds:

Despite your claims of being a noob in this area, I found your review quite helpful and kind. Thank you, I'll be sure to work on variety next time.

Rooted Spawn Rooted Spawn

Damn dude. Instant follow. Nuff said.

Old Master Old Master

Good pun
Good art

Selvala proxy Selvala proxy

Heckin love it. Only thing is the contrast of the ground vs the characters/tree in the fg seems off to me. Especially the darks around the left edge.

that-raccoon responds:

Thanks for spotting that! I'll bear it in mind if I edit/redo this piece, also for future work.